Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Happy Endings


Do you believe in happy endings? Jane Smith in the movie Mr. & Mrs. Smith succinctly said, "Happy endings are stories that just haven't finished yet."

I am melancholic. A cynic too but not that much of a cynic. I believe in happy endings but am aware too of life's harsh realities. Still, I hope for happy endings. I just can't help it. Maybe I am just a hopeless idealist, an incurable optimist.

Let the ocean toss its biggest waves. My boat will go on sailing. I will hold on to my faith. To my belief that I will finish the race triumphantly. Nothing and no one will hold me back. Unless I let them, that is.

My life is not yet over. And contrary to what Jane Smith said, mine won't be a sad finish. My story won't end until I give it the best and happiest of endings.

Life is a choice. So is happiness. Thus I choose to live life to the fullest.

Carpe diem!

No comments: