Sunday, May 24, 2009

Lies

i listened
as your
carefully
rehearsed speech
became endless
ramblings
i heard the denials
and lame excuses
but was careful
to hide the dispassion
from showing
in my face
i stifled a smirk
when panic
laced your voice
and despair
brought you
over the edge
seeing me unaffected
you expertly
switched tactics
and started to say
you're sorry
while pleading
for another chance --
your nth chance...
suddenly,
i felt so tired
and hurt
and the more
you talked,
the longer
your speech went,
the colder
my heart
had become.





photo credit

4 comments:

Antonio Estevez said...

this poem is true and sincere. The photo goes so well with it too. awesome.

Antonio Estevez said...

thanks for following my blog, dear, Ur a sweetheart! One day I hope to visit Manila. (Keeping fingers crossed) :)

Lorgen Shadoufang said...

hmmm... the wise knows what to say or when not to talk, heh :'p

milai said...

@ Lorgen,

you bet! :P