Monday, August 17, 2009

haunted
















i left
and was adamant
about not looking back
because remembering
is as painful
as leaving...

but the mind
is a powerful thing
for it remembers.


and i find it funny
that something
seems to always
bring me
back to you --
a song, a book,
a movie, a quote...
a place, a food, the rain...
even the littlest of things.

worse,
the things i used to like
now i see and feel
with pangs
of loneliness
gnawing at me.

what's with this endless
torture?
this mockery
of my desire
to forget you?

anything and everything
seems to remind me of you
and worst, even nothing
becomes you
for even in silence,
there still is


you.


5 comments:

Unknown said...

i love your poems. they remind of how much I miss writing them myself.

milai said...

thanks. :)

you should write yourself. i read your posts and they are deep and poignant.

Antonio Estevez said...

aw thanks for that sweetie :) i used to write so much poetry a few years back. it was before I started painting and I was in a lot of pain. So it was the only outlet I had at the time. Oh I miss it so! sniff sniff..

harmony said...

hi Milai, i stumbled upon your blog from Yanswer. it's beautifully written. thanks for sharing. and hope you don't mind if i follow your blog. thanks

mariposa said...

That's gorgeous - I really like this poem, especially because I feel like it's in written in such a way that I can relate to what's happening in it.

By the way, I'm back from my blog break! Can't wait to hear from you again :)