Saturday, February 16, 2008

Of Love and Differences


Why, in an amusing twist of fate, would the worlds of two very different people who wanted different things collide? And more amusing and baffling, why would these two very different people fall in love with each other?

Love, as the trite cliche goes, conquers everything. But what if love is not enough to bridge those all-too-blatant and all-too-many differences?

"Compromise," said he. And so that's what we have done for months. Alas, even when we had already done our best to reach out and meet each other halfway and had even, at times, bent ourselves out of shape just to make allowances for and accommodate each other, I realized that we, indeed, are too different and things just won't work out the way we wanted them to no matter how hard we tried or how fervently we hoped.

I'm not a quitter. I've never been. But I know when something is hopeless and that's when I stop. After everything that's been said and done, after we've exhausted all options and given our best and our all and they're still not enough, I guess it's high time that we face the fact that some things are not just meant to be. The same goes for some people.

I know that you're still trying. And I'm sorry if I have given up on you on this. But believe me, this is for the best...

=====================
taken from my Yahoo 360 blog, dated July 1, 2006. There is just the validation now that what I did was really for the best so I am posting this again.

No comments: