Monday, February 4, 2008

Because of You


I had met a lot of uncaring hearts
Been through so much pain
You could have been one of those cold people
But thank heavens because you were not.

I had known it is sometimes not easy to be around me
Especially when I was having one of my mood swings
You could have just walked out on me just like anyone else
But you never did.

I had made a lot of promises and broken some of them
I had done many mistakes, even kept doing some repeatedly
You could have just given up and lost your faith in me
But you kept on believing.

I had hurt you and let you down many times
You could have just left but you didn't
You said you couldn't because I was and will always be your friend
And so you stayed and made the difference among them all.

When others had turned their backs on me
You had been there to give me the will to carry on
When others had found me too difficult
You had been there to understand and love me more.

You have been touching my life in ways that only you can
And you helped me bring out the best that I am
What I am now is because of you
You who always unfailingly gave me your best and your all.

No comments: