Monday, February 25, 2008

Betrayal of Love



















A girl stood in front of the mirror
And smiled bitterly as she saw her reflection
There would be no one for her
No love, understanding or affection.


Betrayal hurt so much
And she felt dejected
She even blamed herself
For being utterly stupid.


She should have known better
Than to trust him with all her heart
She shouldn't have listened to all his words
From the very start.


Tears came streaming down her face
As self-pity and blame engulfed her
There was just too much pain and bitterness
That she could no longer bear.


The sound of the gun echoed
There came a sudden stillness
And the girl no longer felt the searing pain
For there came what she finally thought was peace.


==================
written when I was 13. I have actually already forgotten all about this but I found this tucked inside one notebook while I was rummaging through my "memento box."

1 comment:

Mike Carson said...

13...it is very good for that age. Do you still write? I just saw one more and didn't flip back. I started at age 16, but that was in 1974. Do you have a Yahoo 360 page? Trying to get something started here...we both have a love of the late, lamented Robert Jordan. I hear they have hired a very good writer to take his notes and finish...still very sad to not be able to finish what you started.