Wednesday, March 26, 2008

6 Things That I Will Never Tell a Loved One No Matter How Much I Love Him


1. You complete me. I am a complete person, not a fraction of someone else. I do not need someone to complete me. Love is a matter of complementing, not completing each other.

2. You are my life. My life is my own. I will not let myself be dependent on another person. He is merely a spice who makes living more meaningful.

3. You are my happiness. This is different from "he makes me happy" which for sure he does. I hold the key to my happiness. To put my happiness in another person's hands is like putting my life at his disposal. What if we weren't meant to be? Am I to lose my happiness or my life? Definitely not.

4. It was love at first sight. How can I possibly love someone I really don't know or I just met? Love takes time to grow in one's heart. It is gradually nurtured, not a spur of the moment feeling.

5. I am yours. I am not a property to be owned and neither is he. I want each one of us to grow individually without drifting apart from each other.

6. I will never hurt you. Because I probably will. It's just inevitable. Wittingly or unwittingly, I will hurt him, in one way or another. Sometimes, it is even our loved one who inflicts the most painful of pains and it hurts too much because we care and the person matters to us. Love is not absolute happiness. Nothing is.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

10? u wrote only 6......

milai said...

aren't you reading the title? i said 6 things, did i not?

i guess you have to have your eyes checked. peace!

Unknown said...

Hmmm Nice observation..

milai said...

thank you. :)

annabellep said...

food for thought however, comes rather late in my life. i am 30 years married and guilty of committing most of what you posted. i am in deep____. :)