Sunday, March 30, 2008

Amidst the Storm


When a storm is raging deep inside you
You are assailed with big waves of hurt,
Anger, confusion or sadness
And you feel like you are just one small boat
Being rocked by the tempestuous wind and water
Let me know and I will come to you
I will brave the storm to cross the sea
Just to find you and be with you
I can make no miracles
I cannot stop the howling wind
Or the raging sea at will
But I can be your friend
Storm or no storm, I will share my life with you
I will be at my strongest when you are at your weakest
And in your darkest, gloomiest of days
Will I bring my light the brightest
My friend, always remember that I am just here
I am willing to share your pain
To be your listening ear, your crying shoulder
Or to simply "be there"
You are not alone, you have me
We will face the raging storm together
It may take a lot or a long, long time
But I do not mind being lost in the angry sea with you
For I know, we will surely
Bring each other home.

No comments: