Friday, January 30, 2009

of love. of me.






loving me
may entail
more pain
than a fragile heart 
can ever hold
it's not that i purposefully
or knowingly inflict pain
it's just that 
love sometimes hurts
even when we do our best
to make things work
it's not that i'm unlovable
it's just that i make the process
as challenging but ultimately
just as rewarding as i can make it
and not everyone 
is up to these challenges
it's not that i don't want
to commit myself to someone
it's just that it takes a lot
and a long time for me
to admit someone into my life
and this admission
is not even a guarantee
that i will love him back
it's not that i'm afraid
of getting hurt
it's that i don't want
to cause pain to anyone
it's not that i'm in a rush
it's just that i want
the right time, 
the right reason
and the right person
to fall in love with
it's not that i think
i'm unworthy 
of someone's love
it's just that 
i know my worth
that i won't settle 
for anyone 
less than what i deserve
it's not that love is ideal
my view of it is
it's not love, see
it's me.

3 comments:

J said...

I just see a picture...was there a poem that went along with this?

Nomand in No Man's Land said...

I understand how you feel. I have never wanted just a series of meaningless relationships. I have always wanted something that would be real, and that would last forever. Great post!!
Nomad

milai said...

@ J
There is a poem after the picture. I wonder why you cannot read it.

@ Nomand in No Man's Land
I think the way you view relationships is the way that all of us must view it - real. It's just sad though that others actually view relationships shallowly.