Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Preface


I start this blog the way I start all my journals - with the prologue I wrote when I was 17, the point in my life when I, as a college freshman, after turbulent angst and confusion-filled teen years, was able to carve my identity.

PROLOGUE
You think you know me
But you can think again
For you may not know me at all...
Outside, I may be what you think I am
But inside, I hold a bunch of contradictions and complexities
That never ceases to cause wonders even to me...
There is more to what meets your eyes
And there is much more of me
That you don't know yet...
But now that you've gotten hold of this,
Go ahead, read
And I will let you into my concocted world of words
Probe deeper and don't just see me
But feel me as well
Living in each carefully chosen word...
Be aware of my heart and soul emancipated
From mixed feelings and pent-up longings
Including the cherished, even the shattered dreams
Embedded within the deepest recesses of my heart...
Hear my mind speak
Its thoughts put into writing
Metamorphosing into eloquent words...
Read between the lines
And you will know who I really am
But as you read me, remember
That I am not asking for much
Except your understanding
I may have expressed thoughts and voiced out opinions
That are contrary to what you believe
But do remember that these are my thoughts
And each person is entitled
To think and express her own thoughts...
There's a fine line bordering acceptance and understanding
Your acceptance will be highly appreciated
But I can also do with only your understanding of me...
I won't prolong you further
So now go through the succeeding entries
And know the real me
Who is waiting and yearning
To be known.

No comments: