Saturday, December 29, 2007

That Night







Song: Here's to the Night
Artist: Eve 6



Here's a toast to all those who hear me all too well
Here's to the night we felt alive
Here's to the tears you knew you'd cry
Here's to goodbye tomorrow's gonna come too soon...

That night, the night started young. Everything did but if I only knew that it would have ended too soon, I would have photographed everything with my mind.

Isn't it amusing that just when I felt "alive" in your presence, you'd leave? And that just when we tried to make the most of our time together, chasing it and running against it will only make the clock's hands tick faster?

I hated that you couldn't stay. That I knew I'd be shedding tears when you'd leave and yet I allowed myself the luxury of getting close to you...

That night had long been over. And tonight I just heard the same song. I couldn't help but just smile. Smile but know that the very time that we raced against would not also turn back its hands to bring us together. And so I just closed my eyes and and let that night come alive even through the broken fragments of my memory...

Yes, that night - the night when I had a glimpse of heaven only for it to be taken too soon.

===================
Note that I am well aware that the song is about a one night stand and lest you assume that I am writing about that, I am not.

No comments: