Wednesday, December 26, 2007

Love Incarnate


We live in a world where crimes happen every day
People hurt each other and endless problems and worries
Beset us.

Sometimes, I feel like everything is just too much for me to bear
And all I wanted is for the world to stop
And for me to gracefully fade into oblivion
But when I think of you, the once dreary world
Automatically becomes bright and sunny
It becomes a world of love and beauty,
Of joy and hope.

I used to be cynical about love
For I believed it is only for those who are fools
I had too much pain and even rejections to last a lifetime
Thus, to believe in love then
Was like believing in something nonexistent
Something I could not grasp
Something intangible
And I didn't want that
For then, I believed only in what I see and have.

And so for years I stood my ground about love's nonexistence
Until you came along...
You taught me to love and I learned
And finally I believed.

I still get hurt and problems still beset me
But knowing that you are with me I can smile
I can even laugh at the world
For I know life is just making the most of me
And there are lessons to be learned
In each problem that I face
And I also know that there are people in my life
People like you
Who believe in me and love me
And guide me as I journey through life.

For everything that you are and for each kind word and deed
For all things so wonderful that no words can describe,
My heartfelt gratitude.

You are love incarnate.

No comments: