Sunday, October 5, 2008

Till You Came Along



















I never thought I needed someone
Till you came along
I’ve always thought I’m better off alone
Till you showed me otherwise
I never thought that shielding myself from hurt
Is for myself to become an even greater loser
Till you taught me that living and loving
Is about taking risks
I want to always come out strong but you showed me
That it is sometimes okay to be vulnerable and that
It is even better to show this vulnerability to someone
Because then someone would be strong for me
Life has never been the same
Since you came into my life
You make me feel proud yet humbled
For the person that I am
With you, I don’t need to be always lovable
Or always at my best because you understand
And accept me as I am
With you, I also come to surpass own myself
And go beyond my self-sufficiency
Because you inspire me to do better
Be greater, love more and give more...
It never occurred to me that being loved
And having someone to love are the best things
That can ever happen to anyone
Till you came along.

3 comments:

OMG OMG: said...

I love this picture~

Tiger and boy...

--> Make Money From Home

mariposa said...

Another great poem :) It reminds me of this saying, "Love is giving someone your heart, and trusting them not to break it."

Also, thank you for the lovely comments - they always add more significance to my post :)

milai said...

@ mariposa
Thank you for the nice comment. I love the quote that you just shared although I have never been good at trusting someone with my heart as I always end up heartbroken...

Nevertheless, I am still thankful as it is because of those heartbreaks that I have learned a lot.

You are most welcome. :)