Monday, November 17, 2008

inner turmoil


this isn't the way i want
our story to start -
with promising romance
and possible exquisite heartache
think positively?
am trying to...
but i can't help feeling
apprehensive
i just can't...
maybe this is the way i am -
cynical
tightly wrapped in an intense need
to protect myself from possible pains
that i end up holding back
trusting but still wary
caring so much
and loving sincerely
but doing my damnedest
to appear detached
which would eventually lead to
my pushing my loved ones away...
how ironic
that in my desire
to save myself from pains
i ultimately end up
being the inflictor
of my own hurts.






photo credit

4 comments:

Story of a Girl said...

the last lines are great! and i like the picture that goes with it.

milai said...

thanks. :)

mariposa said...

Nice poem! It makes so much sense. I love the picture too :)

milai said...

@ mariposa
thanks. ;) i love the picture too that's why i chose it.