Tuesday, November 25, 2008

For Bonita


Whenever I'm confused
And nothing seems right
Or everything is just
Too good to be true
I just turn to you
And the confusion and doubts
And those endless, nagging questions
Then become words of assurance and comfort
And wonderful feelings of empathy and hope.

Whenever the day seems
As dark as the night
You would just look into my eyes
And smile at me
And I would know right then
That everything will be all right.

Whenever I think I'm weak
And can not win over life's challenges
You would just pat my shoulder
And I would know right then
That I can go on and succeed
And that I am worth more
Than what I had thought.

I may not know
What lies ahead of me
But one thing I know of
Is the fact that with you around
I need not be afraid
For you are my guiding light
That spells of faith and hope and love
Life's a wonderful, meaningful journey
Because I journey through it
Alongside of you.






4 comments:

J said...

Aww... thats sweet. who is bonita a friend? Thats awesome though that you have good people in ur life. Great writing by the way!

how ya been kid? Thanks for all the comments that you leave me.

about the "loser" post...I just felt like a loser that day so I reverted back to the 7th grade and started bumping some beck! lol.

milai said...

Bonita is my best friend. This was written when I was in my teen years. :) She's in Spain now but we get to communicate often.

LOL @ the loser post. :)

Story of a Girl said...

you are very lucky to have such a great friend.

Story of a Girl said...

your lucky to have such a good friend !