Friday, April 25, 2008

Amidst the Harsh Realities of Life

Life can sometimes be too demanding,
Confusing and complicated,
Even cruel – Loss of a loved one,
Betrayal of a friend,
Rejection from someone,
Pressures around us,
Constant challenge of choices,
Man’s never ceasing wants and complaints,
His insatiable thirst and hunger for money, power and fame,
Bigotry, Pride and Selfishness,
Trials and Hardships,
Complexities and Contradictions,
Pains, Fears and Doubts,
Competitions, Oppositions and Self-struggle…
But amidst all those
Two overpowering truths sustain me:
One is that God is always looking after me,
No matter what
He knows and wants only the best for me
And is gradually molding me
To become what He wants me to be
Gold and silver are fashioned through the fire
And I through trials and sufferings
And two is that you are with me
The very person who is God’s instrument of love
A friend, a mentor, a sister and more…
The gentleness and beauty
Amidst the harsh realities of life…
Is you, my dearest.

No comments: