Friday, September 12, 2008

My Inspiration


People say a good friend is someone
Who will shelter you from any harm
And you are such to me
But do you know what makes you a better friend?
It is the fact that sometimes,
You do not shelter me but instead
Allow me stumble, fall and be hurt
And it is not because you want me to
But because you know that there are things in life
That I have to experience myself
And learn on my own - sometimes the hard way
And because their are circumstances too
Beyond your or anyone else's control
That are behind those pain and hurt...
Hard times are not that hard
Because throughout each time of confusion or pain,
You are there - the hands to lift me up,
The shoulders to lean on,
The eyes to see me through
And the heart that brings me smiles and love
In times when they matter most...
And after such trying times,
Valuable lessons are learned,
A stronger heart is created in me
And a better person is made.
What I am now
Is hugely because of what you are
And I thank you for being you
And do you know what I'm thinking about right now?
It is that someday,
I may be what you are.

You are my inspiration.

2 comments:

J said...

This is great! Nice to meet you by the way, I'm Juan. Thanks for the comment you left me. What is the difference between your two pages? Well anyway, hit me back! take care!

milai said...

Hi. Thanks for dropping by this page. The main difference between my two blogs is the purpose behind my writings. Melancholic Memoirs are deeply personal blogs that mirror the philosophic me while Stressed in the City has posts that convey the lighter side of me.

Take care too. :)