Monday, September 15, 2008

risk

should I put my heart
in the line for you
even when I know
that when I do
i will risk
breaking it,
hardening it
or subjecting it
to ecstatic heights?

breaking it
will be your doing
so be very careful
with it...

please.

hardening it
will be my doing
because I can
make a fortress
of my heart
blocking anyone
who wishes to enter.

subjecting it
to ecstatic heights
will be our doing -
heightened passion
ensconced
in tumultuous
albeit
blissful
love.

but can I really
let myself wade
into love’s waters
even when I know
that there is still
the possibility
of having
my heart
broken?

love’s a risk
and we really
can’t win over it
if we won’t
even make
the first step
of letting
ourselves go.

2 comments:

J said...

hey, great job exposing the risk factor of loving another and letting them love you. Love is a choice that must be made crefully! loved it!

milai said...

Thanks! :) Let's just say I take only calculated risks...